Course Cost: $650 Per Clinician
CEU Credit: 8.5 Contact Hours for PTs/PTAs and 8.5 EBPs for ATs
This is a one day course from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with hundreds of peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending this one day training course for PBFR training, clinicians will:
- Translate the physiology behind mechanical tension compared to metabolic accumulation training and the downstream effects.
- Manipulate blood flow restriction protocols to create a local or systemic response within the soft tissues.
- Differentiate limb occlusion pressures objectively for each individual athlete/patient.
- Translate appropriate tourniquet safety measures to the outpatient/training room setting.
- Recommend and implement a rehabilitation blood flow restriction protocol for patients after injury or surgery.
UPDATED COURSE INFORMATION
To ensure the safety of course participants and Owens Recovery Science (ORS) staff, all attendees are expected to comply with current CDC guidelines and host site protocols regarding masks (we recommend wearing a mask at the course), hygiene, and distancing when attending an ORS certification course.
- If you are unvaccinated and have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are experiencing signs or symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please do not attend the course.
7211 Preston Rd Suite T1200,
Plano, TX 75024 View Map