This is a one day course from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
The course will be hosted by Epworth Hawthorn
Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with hundreds of peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending this one day training course for PBFR training, clinicians will:
- Translate the physiology behind mechanical tension compared to metabolic accumulation training and the downstream effects.
- Manipulate blood flow restriction protocols to create a local or systemic response within the soft tissues.
- Differentiate limb occlusion pressures objectively for each individual athlete/patient.
- Translate appropriate tourniquet safety measures to the outpatient/training room setting.
- Recommend and implement a rehabilitation blood flow restriction protocol for patients after injury or surgery.