Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with over 160 peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending the course clinicians will:
- Communicate the physiology behind mechanical tension compared to metabolic accumulation training and the downstream effects.
- Manipulate blood flow restriction protocols to create a local or systemic response within the soft tissues.
- Differentiate limb occlusion pressures objectively for each individual athlete/patient.
- Translate appropriate tourniquet safety measures to the outpatient/training room setting.
- Recommend and implement a rehabilitation blood flow restriction protocol for patients after injury or surgery.
Physical Therapists will earn 8.5 contact hours toward renewing licensure.
Athletic Trainers will earn 8.5 EBP credits toward renewing licensure.
“Johnny Owens teaching Blood Flow Restriction Training to us was invaluable. It is one of the biggest game changers in rehabilitation”.
Geoff Kaplan, Houston Texans
“Blood flow restriction training has been a huge compliment to the medical and performance care of our athletes. I just wish I knew about it sooner”.
Christopher Stackpole, Portland Trailblazers
"I have seen great gains in strength from patients in clinic to professional athletes in approximately 3-4 weeks using Blood Flow Restriction. This tool has been an influential game changer in my practice".
Steve Scher, Detroit Lions, Team Rehabilitation
This is a one day course from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM