**Due to the current recommendations from the CDC and local, state, and national government limiting travel and personal interaction, we have modified our course enrollment procedures. If you are interested in registering for a course, please complete our registration form by clicking the "Attend Course" button. No payment is needed at this time. We will be in contact to collect payment when we are sure that we can proceed with the course. Thank you for your understanding and look forward to having you at a course.**
This is a one day course from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Purchase of the Delfi Personal Tourniquet System (PTS) for Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) requires an active medical license (examples include: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Athletic Trainer, Chiropractor, and Medical Doctor) and completion of the Owens Recovery Science PBFR certification course. Please fill out our contact form to request pricing info.
Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with over 160 peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending the course clinicians will:
• Translate the physiology behind mechanical tension compared to metabolic accumulation training and the downstream effects.
• Manipulate blood flow restriction protocols to create a local or systemic response within the soft tissues.
• Differentiate limb occlusion pressures objectively for each individual athlete/patient.
• Translate appropriate tourniquet safety measures to the outpatient/training room setting.
• Recommend and implement a rehabilitation blood flow restriction protocol for patients after injury or surgery.